Tuesday, August 12, 2008

So I Think I Can Dance..

So the other day, I was out doing my daily huffing and puffing in the park, watching everyone get their tai chi on and thinking about the advice from the Chinese grandmas about the best way to do sit-ups, when suddenly a song came on and I was swept onto my mind's dance floor. Lights were flashing, crowds were going wild, and there I was leaping, twirling, spinning, jumping...all over the place. I was elegant. I was breathtaking. I was amazing. I was born to dance. Too bad I could never get my body to agree with my mind. Sigh. Maybe in another life.

3 comments:

Anne said...

I've had the same thought about the same show. As exercise my mother used to turn up the music and dance all around the house. It was wild and fun and a great workout. I say we give it a try.

Natalee Maynes said...

This post totally made my week! I'm still laughing inside!

Linsey de Guzman said...

Ok, so we must be sisters. I do the same thing and when the clapping is over and people stop throwing flowers, I realize the clapping was my kids saying, "Mom, Mom!" and the flowers my laundry being sorted all over the room ;-). From Lara