Thursday, September 4, 2008

Utahhhhhhh....

We spent a week in Utah visiting my family. The kids loved playing with cousins, eating suckers with Great Grandma Greene, playing with cousins, running in Great Grampy Stephenson's house, playing with cousins...did I mention playing with cousins? We had a great time. There's a line in one of Sam's books called Grandfather's Journey that about sums up the paradox of visiting my sweet family while leaving part of my sweet family behind. It says, "The funny thing is, the moment I am in one country I am homesick for the other." Why can't we all live on the same patch of land?

Here are the suckers at Great Grandma Greene's
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi38UjYwTDfAQPx3wqn-mUvLgwoAjhF8BTi_Gaf62KcewD6o2dwPFh_ubaBbkU1wsPvMW5uV0hlZJvRqU47C5aLux1vR81j1fewMmogihTYK2ROUyvF3Rds43S0o7OKWY-g0fCXH3Ow0hE/s1600-h/P8180151.JPG">

And Great Grampy Stephenson's


Katie wasn't so sure about all the new things so she never left my side


But Sam...well...I had to bribe him to come back to California with me.

3 comments:

angie said...

what a great trip!

chase keeps looking up at the hills between us and the ocean and saying, "look, there's utah, mom!

so, really, we're closer than you think!

Jen said...

Ah, wish I could have seen you while you were here!

Linsey de Guzman said...

We loved this trip with you guys! Can't wait til Christmas!